As many of you have been buying Nordic Walking poles recently I thought it would be good to revisit some pole maintenance tips. The following tips will ensure that your poles give you many years of trouble free walking.
- Remove paws after a muddy walk, or they will stick on tight
- Clean poles with a damp cloth periodically and rinse straps in lukewarm water
- Loosen height adjustment periodically and re-tighten or the pole may get fused
- If storing the poles it is best to reduce them down rather than leave tightened, and store them in a warm, dry place
- Transport poles in a padded pole bag or hard-pole case to avoid knocks to the side or damage from heavy items being placed on top of them.